Thursday, September 15, 2005

Robert Barr sends greetings

My name is Bob Barr I own a home in the 2800 block of Grand Route St John. I have been in Hawaii on special assignment with the US Coast Guard for the past 16 months. I left my home intact with all of my “stuff” in July 2003. I have not been back since, but had expected to return this month. Katrina has altered many of our plans. I am happy to report that all of the tenants from my home have made it through the ordeal safely. There were two cats left behind, but I am hoping they have been rescued by now. I just wanted to let you know how comforting it has been to read your blog from 5000 miles away, see some old friends names, and read that they are safe and doing as well as can be expected. I love our neighborhood and I have expereinced WHAT IT IS LIKE TO MISS NEW ORLEANS! I loved your line items of “missed” stuff. We agree on all of them! Aloha, keep the faith! NEW ORLEANS, PROUD TO SWIM HOME!